Monday, September 25, 2006

Mandalas

For my foundations in celebrancy class, I have been studying mandalas. I have been coloring them with fancy pencils and painting them with watercolors. Mandalas are centering, and in so, they connect us to the core of our beings, where anything not only seems but is possible. Last year, Greg and I saw some Tibetan monks sandpainting a mandala and then sweeping it up and dumping it into the lake. It was one of the most magical events of which I've ever been a part.
Here are two painted by Barry Stevens:


Radiance

Rainbow Lotus

Mandalas remind me of that great Donovan song, Happiness Runs:

Little pebble upon the sand
Now you're lying here in my hand
How many years have you been here?

Little human upon the sand
From where I'm lying here in your hand
You to me are but a passing breeze.

The sun will always shine where you stand
Depending in which land you may find yourself.
Now you have my blessing, go your way.

Happiness runs in a circular motion
Thought is like a little boat upon the sea.
Everybody is a part of everything anyway
You can have everything if you let yourself be.

Color your own mandalas from templates here: http://www.papermandalas.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home