Hobo Cat
Paws (alias Jade, Blackie, Blackie 2), our street's hobo cat, has found himself quite a cozy home here at 35 1/2. He comes and goes as he pleases, demanding kibble upon entrance and then proceeding to fall asleep and fart for a couple hours. If we want him to stay, he inevitably leaves. When it's most inconvenient for us, he demands to stay. He licks plastic, unearths all yarn, ribbon and scraps of things in the house and loves cookie dough. His other favorite activities include attacking the carpet and drinking water directly out of the faucet, which is quite unbecoming and requires someone (namely me) to stand there and hold the faucet on for him while he drinks. I wonder where he picked up this habit!
Here he is playing with a ribbon he found in (what else!) a plastic bag he was licking:
And here he is, taking over the couch.
I guess you might say we have a cat now, though we share him with at least two other households and go days without seeing him. Just tonight, he came bounding from our neighbor's porch after we spotted him hanging with Misty, the maybe also hobo mainecoon that is Paws's wingman. I am fantasizing about the day I get that Misty over here. That's one good looking puss!
I also wonder if Paws (whose name refers to this crazy paw-lift thing he does when he's begging) will get along with our future cat, the one we'll adopt in 2008?
6 Comments:
Paws is a pretty puddy!
I didn't think cats could fart until just last week, when I discovered Toonces' intolerance for cheese. It's upsetting because he really likes cheese. Especially string cheese. Because it's string. And cheese.
paws is my dawg.
I love Paws, he looks like the Boo if the Boo was living the Vida Loco like he should be, prowlin and whoring house to house. I think Paws can get along with most cats, because he is a man of the street, but might be a wild and rambling influence!
i love pawz.
paz.
Oh, yes...Cats can most definately be gas-y.
Glad you are treating the Paws well-
paws, the hobo gigolo.
aka HOBY JIGGS!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home