Tarot Quest
Recently, I've been reading this book called "Tarot for Yourself" and learning more about tarot. Today I did an exercise where you find someone, a tarot guide, in your mind and have them read your tarot. You just write down the cards you see. Here are the ones the haggish witch that met me in the countryside of my mind told me:
Four of Swords and Ace of Pentacles
Death and the Lovers
Ok, so these are great cards. Really great. First, four of swords and mullein, one of my favorite herbs. This is a card of convalence, of resting. Yes. I have been ill. I have been resting up. Next, Ace of Pentacles and whole grains. This is the "walk the talk" card, about living one's truth and seeking balance in one's mind/body/spirit. It's about nurturing and honoring one's innermost needs. Oh, yes, I've been trying to do that. I've been working on that.
Next - Death. Good old Death shows up all the time for me lately. This is the card of rebirth, transformation, change and initiation. Death of the old is necessary for the birth of the new. And I am in a death year. Yes. Let's get down to the bare bones, my haggish friend says to me. Shed your skin like the serpent you are.
And last, the Lovers, my card as a sun and moon in Gemini. Parsley, my favorite family of herbs. The lovers signify nondualism. They in their truest form are together in one person who feels love and unity within. I love how on this Lovers card the woman is pointing the way toward divine inspiration as the sun shines through the clouds.
The unconscious is barely unconscious.
Or as the Gospel of Thomas puts it, and yes, this is my favorite Gnostic Gospel quotation - Paradise is all around you - can you see it?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home