Friday, April 04, 2008

My Doctor and the Gar Tibet Health Project

My doctor, Donna Kaplan, is also a Tibetan Buddhist and midwife. She is part of a health project for the people of eastern Tibet and is working to start a clinic and train women in midwifery. Check her out!



Isn't it funny how sometimes things just seem meant to be? For instance, when I went into her examination room, and there was a gigantic poster of the Medicine Buddha on the wall. I thought, yes, this woman is a real doctor. I'll have to do what she says. And now I'm doing it, and I feel good. I think she's right - I'm supposed to be a vegan. And my insulin sensitivity probably is causing my high cholesterol and my hormonal imbalance. So no sugar for me, at least not for a while.

I'll try and get an update on her work in Tibet next week when I see her. Tashi delek!

2 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger andiscandis said...

I need to cut some sugar, too. It's pretty much all I eat these days, which is no good. I'm glad you're doing better, tho!

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Katy Fischer said...

I love her, she looks so healthy that you'd have to trust that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home