Inauguration 2009
I am finally able to sit upright after several days of flat-on-my-back-laid-upness with a major, and as Greg says, aggressive flu, which Greg and Emily also both have. I imagine another million or so people are also walking zombies/NyQuil ads right now.
So now for a couple pix. Nothing much, since I didn't take any photos myself, but just to give you the feel.
First, Emily, Greg and I are on our way to the Sunday concert here. Little did we know how few people 500K people is:

The last 15 minutes of the train ride from hell we found sweet salvation with VIP seating. This was probably the most relaxing 15 minutes of the entire morning and gave us some good rejuvenation for the blue line of doom and the race up the mall.

The crowd, where we stood during the swearing in:

Black and white analog tv saves the day!

As you can see from these photographs, we had a fun time, and so did the millions of other happy, peaceful, beautiful Americans who I am blessed to have shared the day with. If only whoever brought the influenza would've stayed in their hotel room...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home