Gardening, Art Show and Beach Combing
Things have been busy! Let's start with today. Greg's parents left after three mellow days in Burlington. I've been very busy at work and didn't get to see them as much as I would have liked, but they were very understanding, and we had a great time. One of the wonderful things that happened while they were here is Greg and Rowland moved the cement pavers from in front of the house to the side of the house. Holy crap, it's a miracle! So today we finally filled those barrel planters, and it's a great relief.
Here's the herb planter: oregano, cilantro, basil, thyme, peppermint, lemon basil, garlic chives and anise hyssop.
And the flower planter, a white geranium with some creepy but pretty friends:
Another great side effect of those planters getting moved is it motivated us to dig out the dead pine and the barely living rhododendron and make something of that little patch of soil in front of the house. Here is it! Beautiful bleeding hearts flank an assortment of shade lovers:
I'm thinking now the rhododendron may have a new home across the way in Karen and Ernesto's tiny patch of soil. Maybe it will like it better there in the full shade.
Moving on, last night we went to a great art opening at the Firehouse Gallery, where our friends, Clark, Wylie and Tara were having openings. Here are some shots from Tara's show, Heavy Flow. It was very good. I bought a hilarious mushroom alien stuffed animal, and Greg might buy a drawing, too.
Here's the witches' house:
And some dolls Tara made:
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiW1Julxd7ZOpm_vH_Ou7ChR1vXTXhkZboFcEAYOABLgREzxkZVVpDVzX2VVZvRboV3QxrH7p0yrxkIyQG09SlP4V4FaH_PEXQILN8_W9W4FYz9wGg3t4MaqVTRqr38Tto2ztMZ/s1600-h/tara2.JPG">
And Greg modeling a funny hat:
One more pic, this one from Maine last weekend, which was loads of fun. I think Greg has more photos. Maybe I'll post some of Emily and NELP, Art's new apartment and dream catcher, Portland flatbread and all the other fun places and smiling faces that made last weekend a total blast, dude.
Peace
1 Comments:
Wonderful entry to lannykid!!
I love the gardening...
Love you guys!
MOM
Post a Comment
<< Home