Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer means happiness

It's summer! Such a happy time! The plants grow, the sun shines, the clouds roll in and we all get soaked right through again!

Here's a picture of where I spend many hours every week, New Farms for New Americans. This shot is from June 23rd. We have since had many, many more inches of rain and a couple days of sun, and the plants are much bigger but still looking quite healthy.


Summer means CSA! Here is one of many beautiful salads we've had for dinner lately - boy, do I love fresh peas in the pod.


Summer means killing these guys, potato beetles, my enemy #1.


Tonight we have a great show to go see at the Monkey House in Winooski. Maybe we'll eat some Vietnamese food and stand outside in the cool summer air and talk to our friends.Tomorrow is the day for working on knitting projects and making motherwort tincture (and going to work). Then on Tuesday I am seeing a good friend again and taking his class of doctors and nurses on an herb walk. Then it's a plane ride to Delaware for swimming and caramel corn and heat and sunshine and smiling Fischer faces.

Summer can be such a simple, happy time.

1 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger andiscandis said...

Have fun in DE, but beware! I hear it's horseshoe crab mating season. I guess if you get bored, you can go out and flip over stuck crabs for a few hours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home