Thursday, February 11, 2010

Babycakes Update - February Edition

Don't stress. I have been keeping up my baking, but not my blogging. Here are the three latest attempts at Babycakes recipes.


This first one, chocolate chip chocolate cookies, was a bit jazzy - okay, I took a lot of liberties - and they turned out a bit chalky and very, very chocolaty.

It's difficult because I don't use cane sugar, but I imagine if you did use cane sugar and you actually followed recipes, they're turn out better. Maybe next time!

Moving on, Johnny cakes! We weren't sure what to expect, but they were exactly as described: somewhere between a biscuit and a pancake. I used barley flour, which gave them a weird consistency. I think spelt, with its more elastic gluten, would work better. These were dry but kinda delicious with agave poured over top!


Last night Allaire came over for dinner and I got the idea to make brownie gems. OMG they turned out perfectly. I also made a magical coconut sauce for the top. Allaire and I were psyched to eat them last night and again at lunch today! (I sent a trio with her last night - she is preggers after all!)


Allaire in the GEZ (Gem Enjoyment Zone)

What's next? Beats me. Maybe something fruity and sconey. I am thinking I will make something for book club on Sunday. Or maybe I should make something in celebration of the Olympics. That mint icebox cake? Gingersnaps? There are a lot of recipes left!! YAY!

2 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Blogger emily said...

i know i had to leave burlington for some important quests, but sometimes i sure do wish i was there. mostly 'cause of you.

also...winter olympics again already?! i mean...i think one of the first times we hung out was on your house on willard st. watching that girl hot dog it on a snowboard while sitting in your bedroom, cuddling with chewy!

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Katy Fischer said...

We have got to make some brownie gems on March 6th, mmmk? This is brilliant! Eat our wake Babycakes, we are going to be free to gem it up anytime, anywhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home